Friday, May 23, 2008

sticks and stones.

"talk about addiction. i've finally broken all of 'em.
this is the first time in my life i don't feel fragile.
you can't turn back after that."

i'm honestly a little surprised by the person that i said this to for the first time, but i've been thinking it for a while. every time i overcome something that sucks, my skin becomes a little thicker. and now, it would take a lot more than a few petty words of disapproval or rejection to tear me down. i'm a fuckin' beast.
[there isn't a doubt in my mind that one of the infamous events going on in my life right now continues to reinforce this, no matter how violent it makes me want to become..]

i've realized i am more independant that i have ever been; this is as solid as i've ever stood. if there was a time for what i'm working on... this is it. this new chapter's reading pretty well, actually.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Emmy,

I just want you to know I read your blog. I stumbled on it last week while doing different types of blog searches.

I just want to give you continued encouragement in your journey. Feb. 22, 1997 was my last binge and purge in my active eating disorder phase that lasted 12 years. As you know, hell!

Getting well is so worth it. What a journey!

LL said...

Love your update!