Sunday, June 15, 2008

this is an odd entry..

laura collins, author of the blog "are you 'eating with your anorexic?'" has posted an entry of frustration that i can greatly connect with.  i find it aggravating when dieting and eating "disturbances" are immediately seen as eating disorders.  are we over-diagnosing?  ..are we under-diagnosing?  perhaps, i've missed the point.  but i'm confused and frustrated, nonetheless.



on a completely unrelated note, i am so freakin' excited about food today.  i'm going home for father's day and my mom said we should make my favorite cupcakes ever* just for the hell of it.  then, we're going out for an early dinner at the mandarin restaurant in my home town which has the best chinese food i've ever had in my life and i've been craving it for about 2 weeks now.  can't.  f-ing.  wait.
i love father's day.  oh, happy father's day :)

*for the record, the picture on that recipe page
looks nothing like the recipe will come out.
it should look more like a tie-dye cake.

and.. now back to your regularly scheduled, "i'm not actually 4-years-old" f.o writings..

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I had hoped I wasn't the only one who felt that way - thanks for letting me know you shared the frustration.

Frustration shared is frustration halved, right?