Friday, April 25, 2008

direct from jezebel's self-help section.

jezebel created a list of 25 things "all women should learn to do already". it was a fantastic list and i would like to share a few that i very strongly agreed with:

Tell the truth.
I can't make it tonight. I have a date. I'm interested in your ex-boyfriend. When you cheated on your husband it really disturbed me. You should maybe look into taking responsibility for your actions. "I would like to put a hit out on your therapist." I know, it's not easy. But isn't that kind of sad?

Take nothing personally.
He didn't do it to hurt you, and if he did, that's fucking weird. Humans are self-obsessed, that's the only reason you think this is about you, when it's really about something that has left people much smarter than us befuddled for millennia now, so you might as well focus on what you can control, which leads me to...

Eat.
Praying and loving are good skills to have, too, but if you can't nourish yourself without experiencing a complex range of guilts and fears and anxieties, you need help.

Break up with someone before you cheat on them.

i think women should also learn how to take more responsibility, in about 10 different ways, but that's just me. let's be honest, though, women love excuses. anyways, head to jezebel's site to read the whole article.

No comments: